Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New obsession: Urban Decay eyeshadow



When I moved recently, I threw out about 90% of my old makeup/beauty products. Why? They were nasty. Everything was either old and gross or just plain never used. I always figure that if I haven't used or worn something in a year, I don't need it. Also, throwing out old junk gives you the excuse to buy something new that you might actually love. I started out with one Urban Decay product in November and have collected quite a bit more over the past few months!

My favorite palettes: Naked 2 (top), Mariposa (left), Glinda w/Bordello eyeshadow (right)

I decided to start with the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette that I had seen in Sephora; the colors looked neutral (no possibility of fuck up as long as I stayed away from the black eyeshadow) and shimmery, which I like. I instantly loved it; the colors are just pretty, and I think it would look good on almost anyone. Cute and natural enough for everyday wear, but you could also do layers and some darker colors if you're going out at night.

I then saw they had new palettes based on the new "Oz" movie, and the Glinda palette looked adorable (plus, it comes in a build-your-own-palette tin, which means you can switch out the colors for other full-size UD eyeshadows!)  I hated the "Oz" color (the split gold/silver glittery crap) so I switched it out of my palette for a full-size "Bordello" (glittery mauve-ish color).

Original eyeshadow colors and 24/7 pencil that came in Glinda palette


I also took advantage of a huge sale that Urban Decay had on their website, 20% off everything including sale. Got the Mariposa palette at a huge discount, as well as a set of 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils. Mariposa has some darker shades that I use just for fun, and the pencils I got right after trying out the sample that came with the Glinda palette. I'm awful at doing anything that requires any sort of attention to detail (especially in the morning) so eyeliner has never been my thing. But these pencils are SO easy to use, I had to get more of them.

Basically, I love almost everything I have purchased from Urban Decay (if i didn't love it, just because the color was not for me) and would totally recommend most of the products to anyone, even if you have less than 10 minutes in the morning to actually put on makeup, like me! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment